Repairing a Book – the primary goal is to restore the book’s functionality and preserve as much as the original cover as possible. This list is not all encompassing, but is the basics of what will happen.
- Meticulously separate the original cover and spine from text block
- Clean the spine of old linings and glue and prepare it for new linings
- Add book new spine linings/reinforcements
- Attach new cloth to spine and adhere what’s left of old spine
- Repair any missing areas of cloth on edges
- Color match as close as possible any missing areas
- Repair or reattach loose pages (if customer elects these services)
Custom Book Binding
This is for a blank book or printed pages you bring to me to making into a book. Prices start at $200.00 per book or $35.00 + materials.